The holidays are upon us and I felt it fitting to recreate a traditional beverage that can be enjoyed by the entire family. I’ve spent the last few days perfecting a recipe for vegan eggnog that is quick, easy to make, delicious and authentic. I think I got it. I even got the seal of approval from the resident recipe tester (my boyfriend).
It’s incredibly rich, decadent, and will be sure to impress at any holiday parties. Unlike other eggnogs, it’s not too sweet and has a nice delicate nutmeg flavor. It’s up to you whether you “spike” it or not.
Raw, Gluten-free & Vegan
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, soaked in water for 8 hours then drained
- 3 cups pure water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or 4 – 6 Medjool dates, pitted)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut butter or oil, melted
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- dash of sea salt
- Add almonds and water in to a blender for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain mixture using a nut milk bag or fine mesh strainer to make an almond milk base for the eggnog. Discard almond pulp (or save for almond pulp crackers.)
- Rinse out blender and pour almond milk back in. Blend the rest of the ingredients with the milk until smooth and delicious. Place in the fridge until cold and serve.
Leave a Comment
- Healthy Edible Holiday Gifts
- Apple Spice Latte