It’s no secret that I love a big bowl of noodles or a big bowl of veggies, so combining the two is just double happiness for me. I also have an adoration for Thai inspired meals. Who knew it was so simple to make at home? This soba noodle with spicy lemongrass broth recipe is perfect any time of year – full of flavor, ginger and chili. You can have it as lunch, dinner or as a starter and it will probably also cure your cold …
The great thing about this dish is you can add any type of green or vegetable that you like, it goes with just about anything. Simply add all the fresh ingredients together and let the flavors meld – and you have yourself a delicious noodle bowl.
Well, that is all for today. Wising you all a very happy weekend! Now if I could only find some tropical weather…
Soba Noodles with Spicy Lemongrass Broth
Vegan & Gluten-free
- 6 cups water
- 2 red chillies (seeded)
- 2 inch piece of ginger (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorn
- 2-3 lemongrass stalks (chopped)
- juice of 1 lime
- buckwheat soba noodles, or any desired noodle
- sugarsnap peas
- bean sprouts
- sesame seeds
- Place water, chili, ginger, garlic, peppercorns, lemongrass and lime juice in a large pot and boil for 30 minutes. Strain.
- Place the strained broth back on the stove in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add noodles and vegetables of your choice. Cook for about 7 minutes or until the vegetables are the desired tenderness and the noddles are cooked. Serve warm and enjoy.