Craving take-out? Whip up this easy noodle salad instead! Gluten-free and vegan, it’s also a great crowd-pleasing dish to take along to parties. Soft warm noodles contrasted with crunchy peanuts and crunchy fresh vegetables, all drenched in a savory-yet-sweet-and-tangy peanut sauce. I love that it’s really versatile in that whatever veggies you have in the fridge you can throw in and it comes together quickly. Instead of ordering out, make a restaurant quality meal with this healthy yet simple recipe.
Rice Noodles with Peanut Sauce & Mixed Vegetables
Serves 2 hungry people
Vegan & Gluten-free
- 3 cups thin rice noodles
- 1/2 cup carrots, roughly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, roughly sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup+ other vegetables, optional (sugar snap peas, baby corn, water chestnuts, asparagus)
- 1 cup diced protein, optional (tofu, tempeh)
- Place rice noodles in a large frying pan on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes or cook according to package directions. Add the carrots, red peppers, broccoli, optional vegetables and protein and heat until warm.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used chunky peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup or honey
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (or the juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tsp.+ ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of chili powder, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the peanut sauce and stir or whisk until smooth. Taste sauce and make flavor adjustments if desired.
- Pour sauce over noodles and vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately; or cover the bowl, refrigerate and serve chilled.