You know those times it seems you can’t ever catch a break? That’s been me the last month. In the span of just a few weeks I managed to come down with a sinus infection, chip a tooth and throw out my neck (all unrelated events, surprisingly). Talk about bad luck.
I think I deserve a treat. Sometimes you just have to treat yo-self. I know just the thing…
When I first started out as a vegan chef, I worked at a restaurant that served a rich, creamy and decadent mousse made of avocado and raw cacao. This stuff was perfection. Here’s the version I like to make at home.
Raw Chocolate Mousse
Vegan, Raw, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (almond, cashew, hemp or coconut)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs (optional topping)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl and garnish with toppings of your choice.
Have you signed up for my newsletter? I’m going to be starting a new weekly series about making small changes towards a healthier life. Sign up in the side bar!
I’ll see you back here next week with new content! Have a lovely holiday weekend!
Photo credit: my sister, Jenny Norris.