This might actually be too simple to call a recipe, but that’s ok. Most of my at home recipes are simple, and I know that most of you don’t have time for complicated anyway! The great thing about this dish is that you can customize it to suit your mood. More spice, less spice, different herbs.. the options are endless.
The crispy tortillas are the perfect contrast to the sweet, juicy peaches. They’re mixed together with lettuce, avocado tossed in tangy lime juice. This would be great as a side dish for a picnic but it’s also hearty enough to be a full meal. The plan was to save the leftovers for lunch the next day, but if you put a bowl of food between my fella and I, leftovers don’t stand a chance.
- corn tortillas or whole wheat tortillas
- black beans
- avocado, choped
- romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1/2 of a small red onion, finely chopped
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 ripe peaches, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint (or you could use cilantro)
- Combine chopped peaches, mint and lime juice in a bowl and mix.
- Place tortillas in a pan over medium heat for a few minutes on each side, until warm and crispy.
- Top with all of the toppings.
(Photo Credit: my sister, Jenny Norris – jjnorris.com)