Today I’m sharing with you a simple recipe you can whip together in less than 20 minutes. This raw avocado sauce is so creamy, rich and satisfying. It also makes for the perfect dish to bring along to impress your friends at any Summer gatherings.
Hope you’re all having a wonderful holiday! My long weekend has consisted of exploring navy ships for Fleet Week in NYC, lounging in the park and lots of rooftop hangs.
Pasta with Creamy Avocado Sauce
- whole wheat or gluten-free pasta, enough for two (I used quinoa and spinach gluten-free linguine)
- 1 whole ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 small lemon, juice and zest
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in the pasta and cook according to it’s directions.
- While you are waiting for the pasta to cook, make the avocado sauce. Place the avocado, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and salt into a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- When the pasta is done, strain and place into a large bowl. Pour the avocado sauce over and toss it until it is combined. Garnish with lemon zest, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- It is best served immediately, but it’s also great cold. Place any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Photo credit: my sister, Jenny.
PS – Happy Memorial Day! I want to thank all of our service men and women and their families. Sending you much love. xx