Hope you are all having a nice summer (or winter, if you are on the other side of the world from me)!
It’s been a bit quieter over here lately and I wanted to touch in. I started this little blog of mine a while back as a way to inspire and educate people around the importance of eating real food. Sadly, I lost my way as the pressure of keeping the blog updated grew to be too much. While things may appear sparkly on the surface, there are times I’ve wanted to throw in the towel or just work on someone else’s dream. The good news is – I’m back!
I adore you readers and the community we have created here. You have no idea how much joy I find in being part of your health journey. When you pour your heart out about your daily struggle with digestive issues, weight loss or body image – I totally feel your pain. You then have gone on to tell me your life has transformed after making a few small changes that were mentioned in the blog. It is in these moments when I feel like I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be, doing exactly what I was meant to do.
Wherever you are on your journey, I’m here for you.
I’m working determinedly behind the scenes to be here for you in a much bigger way… details to follow later this week!
In the meantime, I wanted to share with you this refreshing smoothie.
Orange Crush Smoothie
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Raw
- 2 oranges, peel and pith removed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2-3 ice cubes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Toss oranges, almond milk, vanilla bean and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place coconut oil in last and blend for additional 10 seconds. *Note – coconut oil may clump depending on temperature of ingredients. Don’t desire clumps? Omit ice, make sure ingredients are at room temperature and use coconut oil that is melted.
- Pour into large glass and enjoy.
Photo credit: My sister, Jenny Norris