You may have noticed things look a little different around here. We received a makeover! A new season and a new direction for the site called for a fresh design. What do you think? I hope you like it as much as I do!
It has been a few weeks since my last post, but for good reason. June was a crazy busy month for us and July is flying by as well. Highlights include:
- A trip to Austin for my birthday. Complete with outdoor music, boating, lots of yummy food and great company. It is such a cool town!
- Our wedding was on June 21st in Iowa. We shared a very intimate ceremony with our immediate families – just 12 of us in total. It was dreamy.
- After returning home to NYC, we played tourists while showing my husband’s family all the sights.
- We went upstate for two nights to relax poolside.
- Yesterday we went on a day trip to Fire Island for some fun in the sun. I’m still washing sand out of my hair.
My juicing game hasn’t been up to scratch lately and last week I was paying the consequences. I spent 4th of July weekend recovering from a cold. I was feeling a little run down from all the traveling we’ve been doing (and all the fun we’ve been having). This juice has been the perfect remedy to mend me back to health.
My Classic Green Juice
Serves 1, yields about 12 ounces of juice
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 3 stalks celery
- 5 stalks of kale
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Run all ingredients through a juicer and juice away.
Photo credit: my sister, Jenny Norris.