This summer, NYC is bringing the heat. It has been a hot, humid summer tempered only by an occasional thunderstorm and lots of cold watermelon. With all this sticky humidity, I have to remind myself of all of the great things that the summer brings: farmer’s markets, long days of sunshine, flowers, roof top parties, afternoons spent at the pool, ice pops.
To celebrate summer I made a raw soup. It combines two summertime favorites – avocado and cucumber. This refreshing, delicate soup is a perfect pairing to a sunny day.
Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
Vegan, Raw, Dairy-free & Gluten-free
- 2 large cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 fresh dill sprigs, to garnish
- Combine cucumbers, avocado, garlic, lime and salt in a food processor or powerful blender and blend until totally creamy and smooth.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving and top with dill to garnish.