A bowl of popcorn, a mug of apple spice latte, a cozy blanket, one or two favorite holiday movies and someone to snuggle with – these are my ingredients for a wonderful holiday season afternoon or evening! Sit by a lit fireplace, a glowing candle or maybe a sparkly Christmas tree.
Apples have surprising nutritional benefits that justify the “apple a day” adage. Red apples contain an antioxidant called quercetin which helps to boost and fortify your immune system. They also help to lower cholesterol, decrease risk of diabetes and aid in weight loss.
This warm drink also contains cinnamon, which has been shown to help regulate our blood sugar levels, and has an anti-clotting effect on the blood. It is even recommended for people with Type 2 diabetes to consume. Cinnamon is also believed to boost cognitive function and memory.
Nothing beats a warm mug of apple spice latte to warm the heart. You’ll know just what to serve guests (or yourself) when the cold weather hits. Enjoy the season and celebrate. Cheers!
Apple Spice Latte
Vegan, Raw & Gluten-free
- 3 apples, juiced (yields about 1/2 a cup)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk ( I used homemade almond milk)
- dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Place apples through a juicer.
- Heat the apple juice and almond milk on the stove top on medium heat until warm (don’t boil.)
- Sprinkle a few dashes of nutmeg and cinnamon over the top. Enjoy immediately.
I hope you love and enjoy this drink as much as I do!