You know those times it seems you can’t ever catch a break? That’s been me the last month. In the span of just a few weeks I managed to come down with a sinus infection, chip a tooth and throw out my neck (all unrelated events, surprisingly). Talk about bad luck.
I think I deserve a treat. Sometimes you just have to treat yo-self. I know just the thing…
When I first started out as a vegan chef, I worked at a restaurant that served a rich, creamy and decadent mousse made of avocado and raw cacao. This stuff was perfection. Here’s the version I like to make at home.
Raw Chocolate Mousse
Vegan, Raw, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (almond, cashew, hemp or coconut)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs (optional topping)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl and garnish with toppings of your choice.
Have you signed up for my newsletter? I’m going to be starting a new weekly series about making small changes towards a healthier life. Sign up in the side bar!
I’ll see you back here next week with new content! Have a lovely holiday weekend!
Photo credit: my sister, Jenny Norris.
I’m bursting with excitement today to announce the project I’ve been working so hard on. Without further ado, I introduce to you Katie Norris Nutrition. In my private nutrition consulting practice I’ll be able to work with you one-on-one in New York City or virtually for those of you anywhere else in the world. Wherever you are on the planet or on your health journey, I’m here to help you reach your health and wellness goals.
My Personalized Health & Nutrition Program is for women tired of obsessing over diets and their food. I offer a fresh approach to eating that will change the way you think about food and what you eat. Together we’ll get clear on your goals and I’ll share innovative, creative tools and materials that are presented in a way that’s, well, digestible.
What kind of results can you expect?
- Improved digestion (buh-bye bloated belly!)
- Feeling light and energized
- Glowing skin and shiny hair
- Sleeping like a baby
- Effortless weight loss
- Feeling like a million bucks
Interested in learning more about my Personalized Health & Nutrition Program? Visit my Nutrition Consulting page.
Have a lovely weekend!
Hope you are all having a nice summer (or winter, if you are on the other side of the world from me)!
It’s been a bit quieter over here lately and I wanted to touch in. I started this little blog of mine a while back as a way to inspire and educate people around the importance of eating real food. Sadly, I lost my way as the pressure of keeping the blog updated grew to be too much. While things may appear sparkly on the surface, there are times I’ve wanted to throw in the towel or just work on someone else’s dream. The good news is – I’m back!
I adore you readers and the community we have created here. You have no idea how much joy I find in being part of your health journey. When you pour your heart out about your daily struggle with digestive issues, weight loss or body image – I totally feel your pain. You then have gone on to tell me your life has transformed after making a few small changes that were mentioned in the blog. It is in these moments when I feel like I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be, doing exactly what I was meant to do.
Wherever you are on your journey, I’m here for you.
I’m working determinedly behind the scenes to be here for you in a much bigger way… details to follow later this week!
In the meantime, I wanted to share with you this refreshing smoothie.
Orange Crush Smoothie
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Raw
- 2 oranges, peel and pith removed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2-3 ice cubes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Toss oranges, almond milk, vanilla bean and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place coconut oil in last and blend for additional 10 seconds. *Note – coconut oil may clump depending on temperature of ingredients. Don’t desire clumps? Omit ice, make sure ingredients are at room temperature and use coconut oil that is melted.
- Pour into large glass and enjoy.
Photo credit: My sister, Jenny Norris
Why is it that as the temperature drops (or in our case in NYC, fluctuates all over the place) and we roll into the holiday season, our schedules seem to get crazy busy? It is often during these times of hustle that I am reminded to slow down. Yes, there are gifts to buy and holiday parties to get to, but sometimes we just need to relax and enjoy the simple pleasures. That usually means starting my morning with something delicious.
Meet the Easy Coconut Yogurt & Granola Breakfast. It only takes a few simple ingredients and you’ve got yourself a breakfast that looks gourmet and tastes totally indulgent, but is healthy! It’s almost too beautiful to eat. Almost.
Easy Coconut Yogurt & Granola Breakfast
Vegan & Gluten-free
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt or any other non-dairy yogurt
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup gluten-free granola or musli
- dried fruit, unsweetened – I used mango and raspberries (optional)
- Place yogurt in serving dish and top with sliced banana, granola and dried fruit. Voila!
Photo credit: my sister, Jenny Norris